Friday, November 17, 2023

The Purge

 I think 2023 has been the year of the Great Purge. At least for me. The sheer amount of STUFF that has been released from my life is astonishing. Some of it I'm kinda sad about. Most of it I can't remember. I keep seeing pics from facebook memories and going HEY, what happened to that?? It's a blur. Especially the studio stuff. It was such an out of the blue shock I gave away just about everything. To students, to goodwill, to friends, it became just a lay over and play dead event. Take it... it's yours. 

Once we got the studio cleared and our home set up, I returned to the beach completely disoriented. I have spent the last 2 months simply trying to figure out what is left and where the hell is it. Had to tediously go through each cabinet, closet, drawers, storage units, bins, boxes... back and forth from md to nc. I still have some stuff I can't find... my father's important papers... some of my clothes... like, how did they get involved in this insanity? 

One of the first things I did after the studio closed was purge my facebook of all people who clearly did not give a rats ass about me. This week I deleted over 2000 contacts from my email/phone. It's astonishing to me how many acquaintances we accumulate in a life time. I am tired of trying to find an email address only to have to sort through a hundred people with R in their names... some that I never want to see their names again.. It's an ugh, oh yeah, THEM.

When I was a mortgage broker, I quickly learned the CYA rule. Cover your ass at all times. I held onto every incriminating email, phone message, anything that would hold up if I had to defend myself. You should see the file on the church secretary, what a horrific person. But now there is no need. Delete, delete, delete and watch the energy start to clear and get better. 

Think about it. We smudge our homes, clear our energy, put salt and tourmaline everywhere, avoid toxic places, etc. but what about what is in your face day in and day out? How can we serve the highest intention of the highest good if we are constantly bombarded with negative souls that do not have the same goals? It's one thing to send love and healing, it's another to be constantly reminded of those who send the opposite. Think about it-- most of us stop watching the news, getting the newspaper, doing everything we can to stop having the lower vibrations in our space. How about all the online spaces?

I have to say it has been extremely freeing. I feel better than I have for many years, probably about 14 to be exact. I'm not worried about what others are doing. I am surrounded by loving souls. I have time to think and not have to fight my own curiosity of what are they doing now? How else can I be convicted without a trial? I have attracted some pretty incredible opposition over the years, such is the life of a "boss", I've made mistakes, I've done stupid things, but most of them hurt me way more than anyone else. 14 years of it. But I've served my time. I don't need to ruminate on any of it anymore. In fact, I am fully willing to go into 2024 without any of my baggage... material or not.

500 people off my facebook and unfollowed 100 more. Most people on facebook cannot see what I post unless I decide to make it public. Deleted Twitter. Unfollowed a ton of Instagram people. 1000 contacts from my phone. 2500 clients off my mailchimp. All the so called ways business is supposed to be run is hogwash. I will slowly but surely return to what my mission was to begin with. 

I want to share yoga and healing with a SMALL group of people that are kindred spirits. So.... my question to you:

What should I call this? Imagine Wellness? Imagine Yolinna? Linda's Mission? Hmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Purge

 I think 2023 has been the year of the Great Purge. At least for me. The sheer amount of STUFF that has been released from my life is astoni...