Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Yoga life

 15 minutes til the next class. 15 minutes since the last class was supposed to start. But.. no one showed up. August sucks. The excuses are epic:

It's too hot.

I'm having to xyz.

I forgot. 

I'm still nursing an xyz.

I'm on vacation. 

Some are valid. But, some... well, let's just say they are a bit sus.

Sus is how the kids say suspect if you are old like me.

I get it. I always said the number one reason I became a yoga teacher is so I would have to show up. It's WAY too easy to blow it off. I used to have friends/students that would wish no extras would show up so we could go to the local bar for a beer and bbq quesadillas, a much healthier alternative to yoga.. If extras showed everyone would groan and then do yoga. And then go on after class about how much they needed that.

Why are we like this? Why do we intentionally do stuff that we know is not going to make us feel better and avoid that which we know will lift us up? Why am I blogging instead of just going ahead and doing my own workout? Path of least resistance and what not.

I'm depressed. Like, seriously depressed more than I've been in a long time. I know exercise would make it better. But when you are depressed, it's easier to just be depressed. Do you think we are all just a nation of depressed fools resisting feeling better? 

Times are tough. But personally, times have been much tougher for me than they are now. But tough times are a distraction. You can focus on getting through, instead of focusing on now what. Now what is tougher than what's next. Now what means all the stuff you avoided while running your ass off taking care of all the bs in your life now requires some thought about why you created all the bs to begin with.

Ugh, who wants to think about that?

But yay, I'd like to stay but I gotta go teach... hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yoga life

 15 minutes til the next class. 15 minutes since the last class was supposed to start. But.. no one showed up. August sucks. The excuses are...